New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by xmikex at 2009-05-26 10:21:37
A couple things before I get started....

Fire the Sky was a serious win. It will never get the recognition it deserves because A. it was a topical subject and the result of the mid 90's ufo fascination and B. no one will pay attention to a story without a love interest in it. It's probably one of the most visceral films I've seen to date.

T2 was flawless. Plot, FX, characters, action, all of it. Anyone who criticized it in 1991 is a cynical faggot who wanted Meatballs II to the be the be all end all of special effects in film.

NOW...

There are some definite holes in this film. And I'll be the first to admit that the "Blair and Marcus" (DayZ of oUr LiVzorz) love drama, albeit short lived, was awful. But I really think that after the shitstorm Hollywood saw from the T3 feedback this was their way of saying "Hey, look. You know as as well as we do that we have to fag this up a little to make it marketable, but we're at least gonna try this time."

And try, IMO, they did. I thought Bale was fucking balls as John Connor (JC... salvation... undertone anyone?). I liked him a hell of a lot better than Marcus the hunky robot, a and hell of a lot better than that TGIF looking dork they cast in T3.

The sound desgin is what really impressed me about this film. Take the giant people snatching terminators. If this wasn't a Terminator series then they just would have sounded like Wall-E shifted down a couple octaves. I loved the sound that they came up with for those things, that weird muted out of tune diesel moan.

There are a handful of things big and small that I have issues with in this movie, but I'll accept this as part of the Terminator series. As far as I'm concerned THIS is Terminator 3, and the last one never happened.

And anyone who didn't get pumped when Connor blasts You Could Be Mine to trap the moto-terminator is an asshole. Solid tribute to the greatest action film of all time.
[default homepage] [print][11:18:41pm May 12,2024
load time 0.02462 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]