New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by thirsty at 2009-03-26 17:47:33
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
Having worked with Dave Thirsty for about 6 months, I can confidently say that as a person, Dave is a good guy. He actually does have a heart, especially for his family who he's trying to support.

But as a promoter, I did not enjoy having to email bands who wanted to play our shows about them having to sell tickets or they couldn't play the show. I also had to tell them, under Dave's direction, that if they didn't draw at least 10 people, we weren't going to book them again.
This is why you dont work for me anymore.

Since he's had new people do his work for him, all the booked shows that Rocko's has are suffering. There are too many scene kids running the gauntlet and it sucks.

Actually we have had local shows sell out, and things have been great! I dont know where people are getting that im hurting...

There used to be some really good bands coming through southern NH but since last year, it's all gone to shit. It's only bands who are on the top of the scene kid brigade with bands like Brokencyde, Iwrestledabearonce and Liferuiner. It seems like promoters these days only care about how much money they make and not the quality of shows they're booking. It's really too bad because my old band, The Cadaveric Manifesto, has played for Dave and every Rocko's show we played was a disappointing experience. We never saw a dime for anything we played and I told Dave straight up that I am never selling tickets. Not enough of my friends care about Metal so I don't bother asking them to buy into something they don't like.

You did sell tickets for me, dont you remember. And you never saw a dime, cuz no one came to see you. You did not draw, your drummer even fell asleep at a show you were playing..

The whole music industry is surprisingly still running despite the terrible business decisions. In my opinion, 2 years of booking shows is nothing. 2 years is when you start doing anything and making an impact. Keyword there is START.

I got accepted to Great Bay Community College this week. I'm taking their Liberal Arts - Business program. I plan on either starting my own booking/promotion company or my own label. Having had the limited experience in the music industry, I still know better than to do it the way that everyone else in this area has been doing it. Selling tickets and pay-to-play shows be damned.

Good luck booking metal shows, save your metal kid!
[default homepage] [print][7:01:30pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.00707 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]