New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by immortal13 at 2009-03-25 18:24:46
Suggestions for bands trying to make it: Do the hard work yourself. Record your own demos in your basement. Put on your own shows with people your friends with. Book yourself some tours. If you want your band to get anywhere, don't count on playing shows with national acts that don't care about you anyway, and no it doesn't help your credentials. I've opened for a large number of nationals and seen little happen because of it. Do shit yourself, work hard, go on tour and starve on the road without showering for days, and maybe something will happen for you.

Suggestions for promoters: As said before in this thread, if you can't count on the national to draw the amount of people needed to pay them off, then don't book that national, unless your willing to lose money in the process without bitching about it. Don't make the bands do the dirty work for you. Book a national band, and then book maybe one or two locals who you know can draw if you really want that much more of a draw, not 15 shitty locals who you wish would draw 20 people each. Selling tickets is not a very promising way to make the money back. Paying attention to what bands you book is.

Dave ITE: You are definitely a friend of mine, but as a promoter I'm gonna come out straight and say I can't stand the way you do shows. Obviously I'm not gonna sit here and tell you what to do, I'm just giving advice as to what I think you should do in order to avoid losing a shit ton of money all the time.

[default homepage] [print][5:23:45pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.02691 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]