New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2009-03-25 12:25:56
There are a few different types of promoters on this board. Let me dissect. This is off the top of my head so forgive any inaccuracies or omission. Nothing bad in here, just what I see from 50,000 feet.

DistortTrash: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Books limited obscure shows. Bands that no one else would book from countries you have never been to. Knows what they are booking and almost always sells out the venue.

Degenerate Booking: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Books shows figuring exactly what they need to do to break even on turn out. Some times they miss on a show, but I hope that the good shows balance out the misses. Misses are usually cause their audience stayed home getting drunk. They are highly active.

Massconcerts: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, but both loses and winnings have a company behind them.

RobinG: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Loses money on a lot of good shows. gets drunk fuck you.

RichHorror: mostly (and currently) puts on shows that no one cares about money at. gets drunk. sometimes leaves before the money is handed out and then a mysterious stranger gets it.

Metal Thursday: puts on shows that no one cares about money at. gets drunk. People show up. he moshes and does pre-announced stage jumps.

Manic: puts on a lot of mixed genre shows. they seem to do well.

Josh Hynes: Most flyering ever. Most shows do really well cause he's got a good audience.

KM/MLE: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Most shows do really well cause they's got a good audience and the promotion of theb9.

I'm thirsty: Lost money on shows, but tries to get openers to sell tickets to play to buffer that. Otherwise kids won't come out to see their friends band play. puts more on the bands to do leg work and kids seem to leave towards shortly after their friends play. Without the ticket sales from bands, give the number of shows, kids would probably play xbox over seeing their friends band and the headliner(s).

JoeNotCommon: Loses a lot on most shows. Usually hits up the ATM or Rich Horror.
[default homepage] [print][2:58:02pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.02402 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]