New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by BobNOMAAMRooney at 2009-03-24 22:57:23
thirsty said[orig][quote]
U must book a lot of shows, seems like you have a lot of knowledge...

Oh sorry great promoter from on high, I have quite a bit to learn from someone who fancies himself a super serious rock promoter but can't break even for two fucking years.

I said it ages ago and I'll say it again

BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]
If the national act can't draw maybe it's the club's lack of promotion and that band's lack of a fanbase.

Shouldn't a "big national act" like Nile be able to draw enough people to cover their costs and make the club a profit?

If not then maybe the club should STOP MAKING STUPID FUCKING BUSINESS DECISIONS

I love how all the promoters pull the "this is a business you just don't understand" card whenever a band calls bullshit on pay to play. Well if you're going to run it as a business, you book the fucking bands who draw enough to make a PROFIT. I know plenty of people who run businesses and all of them share one thing in common, they won't take on a job if they don't stand to make a profit. Does my fucking mechanic do work on exotic cars on the cheap because Ferrari's are a big draw and then gouge me on my fucking Subaru? Does my uncle lower his costs for some rich bastard who wants his house painted because the house is on the town's list of historic sites and therefore more prestigious? Absolutely not, because anyone who runs an actual business (not playing around with the strip club or Lyons Group's cash and acting important) knows that sound business decisions are what keep them afloat.

[default homepage] [print][10:41:57pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01094 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]