New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Murph at 2009-01-20 14:07:03
mikeofdecrepitude said[orig][quote]
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
[Jan 20,2009 8:02am - MikeofDecrepitude]
Not perfectly written but an interesting read nonetheless.http://www.lulu.com/content/2325554

that actually doesn't look interesting at all.

I'm getting really tired of conspiracy theories.

So by that logic, if it's not reported on the evening news it's automatically a conspiracy theory? Information provided in this book can be corroborated with individual research. I'm beyond tired of major media outlets peddling their own brand of truth and biased information.

Here's a conspiracy for you: Duping the majority of U.S. citizens into believing that a new face in the White House is going usher us into a utopian era.

First off, that book's blurb already is mired in inaccuracy, as Obama's plans would not truly aid Wall St., in fact, it would be an example of government restricting the financial market, not allowing it to bolster itself independently. Many prominent economists (like Schiff mentioned in the other thread) believe his policies could actually crush the private sector.

Secondly, Obama went to Harvard, not Yale, which is the center of Skull and Bones lore and supposed power. Why wouldn't they have chosen one of their own?

Thirdly, a new face ushering us into a utopian era isn't as much of a making of Obama's as it is of the Bush Administrations' alienation from the American trust and approval.

Lastly, just because someone did some research and wrote a book doesn't mean they aren't wrong. Holy Blood, Holy Grail rocked the historical and faith-based communities in the 80's by proclaiming direct evidence provided by trusted and powerful sources of a cover-up of the life, role, and importance of Jesus Christ, and purporting some sort of bloodline. By their next book, Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln had to demolish their own points because their source relented his ruse and admitted the whole thing was a hoax.

I'm not saying not to believe anything, because even in the case I provided Leigh, Lincoln, and Baigent raised excellent points and really pushed for greater insight, but the most important thing is if you read something interesting and opening, RESEARCH FOR YOURSELF.

p.s. That book doesn't seem just pure conspiracy theory, more like an attempt to connect dots that really don't have a connection. So not only is it poor written, it's poorly researched.
[default homepage] [print][9:03:26am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.00705 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]