New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by xmikex at 2008-09-16 10:07:41
In all seriousness...

I'd say deal with this like you'd deal with a crazy person. What I mean by that is that crazy people are usually only as crazy as you let them be. If you buy into it, and try to negotiate on their terms it only vindicates their stance, and lets them feed off it.

I was in the library in copley once, and this bum was sitting behind me muttering, yelling, swearing, and spitting on the floor (big huge spits too). He was trying his very best to make a scene so everyone knew he was crazy. Eventually a security guard approached him about it, and he tried to keep the "I'm a crazy bum" thing going. The security guard (who was about half the guy's size) told him to cut the shit, and if he caught him spitting again he'd drag him right the hell out of there. The bum totally folded and got all apologetic trying to pretend he never did anything wrong.

Your mom just needs to tell this lady straight up that they both work for a living, and have the same goals (taking care of their families, collard greens, etc). She needs to be up front and tell her that racism goes two ways, and the way she's acting is unacceptable. Or if she wants to go the slightly less mature (but always effective) route, goto her boss, or file a grievance. Personell probably won't be as short sighted about this as you think, they'll probably be much more concerned about this woman creating a hostile work environment than her skin color. In fact, this approach might even work better because sometimes this kind of thing is the only thing people like this woman understand. They might not be friends after this, but lets face it, this woman probably has no friends.
[default homepage] [print][8:42:08pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01577 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]