New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2008-09-07 21:01:41
suffocation: jesus, does uncle frank look and act younger and younger each tour? The other guys are looking oldeer so maybe he's feeding off their life force. The drums were a little messed up sounding, but other than that, it was excellent. Im exccited when ever they play anything off effigy, but I only heard one track this show an it wasn't any song I wanted to hear. Granted they could have played others, but I didn't hear them (went outside for a bit). The good thing about them is while they do play the same core songs, they seem to be able to just rip into what ever song no matter if they practiced it. I have a feeling that they could very well fulfill requests from the crowd. That's why I was hoping they would play longer, but that didn't happen.

carcass: speaking of "keep on rotting" someone jumped off the stage during that song. Their set was one of the most overly anticipated sets that ihave ever bore witness to. I have been looking forward to seeing (most of) those men together on one stage for so many years. Over a dacade in fact. The entire 1:40 was everything I wanted. Yeah I could and have bitched about the songs they missed but what ever. Mostly the tracks they didn't play off necroticism, but they ruled. I was all smiles during every heartwwork note and head banged to all the blissful necroticism. Like a kid in an earcandy store. Smiled all the way out side, larfed with people and then went home. I would have to say that the at the gates show was better. Carcass was good and all, but their performance was pretty austere. It was more akin to seeing iron maiden live. The band is up there rocking and playing classics, but the crowd is completely disconnected from the stage. It seemed like the at the gates show they engaged the crowd more. Even suffo did that. So it was moree like epic classics played by my BFFs up on stage instead of aged rockers ripping classics but saying nothing to the crowd, but a few trite words. After words I was happy, but not full like eating at a wicked good but wicked expensive restaurant. Also, the show had more of a carnival setting to it. More people seemed more into drinking and smoking sliffs than watching the band(s). All in all it was one of the top shows I've seen in my life, but I would be lying if I said it was the top. Not even the top this year.
[default homepage] [print][2:56:45pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.00865 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]