New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Mikeofdecrepitude at 2008-09-04 11:01:49
"madoakdevin: there is no way you can tell me that some of the names that popped up in this thread weren't helped out by bands on hydrahead. that's all i was saying.

Funny that in 2001 I saw kids wearing XdickheadX and whatnot on their shirts and in 2003 I see the same kids are wearing entombed, sleep, om, etc shirts. hydrahead spearheaded that quite a bit.

there's the whole other side of doom where metal kids got into doom from REAL metal, but those bands are more obscure/elite...whatever term you want to use. they never gained the popularity that some of the bands who were affiliated with hydrahead (ie touring with hydrahead bands, splits, side projects, etc) got.

but i got the wah wah wah i was expecting and from a person with less X's in the username. cool! 420 go!"

Wah wah, haha. I thought this was a forum where people discuss and debate? Doom has been around for a long time, and if you count Sabbath than it's pretty much the earliest form of Metal. With any genre you're going to have kids getting into other bands through other musicians/acts. Exposure happens. I just think your approach was like saying Metal in general has now become "stale" because the "nu" fad has faded and now major labels are trying to once again cater to more traditional metal acts. I agree that Neurosis and ISIS helped kids get into other forms of "art" metal, or whatever the hell you want to call it. Same way bands like Fear Factory, Slayer, etc got kids to venture into other areas of underground metal. But to credit Hydrahead as the illuminators of the Doom genre just because you suddenly see more than 2 people wearing a Sleep shirt who are under the age of like 30 is going a bit far. You're saying this thread should have been posted three years ago and Doom metal has become a stale genre? Doom existed before 3 years ago and will continue on.

I mean, weren't you one of those "Xenter whatever hereX" kids once too?
[default homepage] [print][12:49:28am May 03,2024
load time 0.00705 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]