New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by mortalis at 2008-06-06 15:38:35
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
mortalis said[orig][quote]
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
they're mascot is fuckin asshole too. i see the rays having the same kinda season as the Rockies last year - a strong run for the playoffs, a brush with glory, then a stomp into oblivion at the end of the year. this will be followed by an immediate return to obscurity.

07 rockies comparisons don't really work, since the rays have started out well, unlike the rockies. finishing the season 30-1 or whatever is a sign of everyone on that team overachieving like crazy, an aberration. if the rays play .550 ball for the rest of the season, they'll show that they're a consistent, 162 game team, not a flash in the pan. they might fall into obscurity in a few years, if their players are offered more money from other teams, but they're going to be a threat until that time.

Maybe, but they're set up for the future too. They have the highest ranked farm system in the majors.

yeah, finishing last all those years is finally paying off. but unless they generate a lot of interest, i see them turning into an a's type team, being consistently good, but never being able to hold on to all their players for a WS season.
[default homepage] [print][10:14:50am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.00931 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]