New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by thegreatspaldino at 2008-03-07 17:17:14
those american cars listed above are the best bets for 500-1200 seriously. if you can, buy an old police package, those fuckers last forever. i also wouldnt recommend them if throughout my whole life, my family didnt rely on them. seriously, got a mercury zephyr wagon for free that was supposed to be a hold over car until we got another... that car lasted 6 years and went all around the east coast. i wish i still had that car, it would be big pimpin with a tremec 5 speed and a 5.0 right now.

the only to be weary about is the town cars that came with air ride... the air ride shits the bed all the time and it will be like 1000-1500 everytime unless you know a guy. had an 88 caprice wagon, only gave it up because the intake manifold gasket went and it would have been cheaper to buy a new wagon. we could have still driven it around because it behaved fine but it wasnt worth risking it, since it was the band equipment hauler.

just because a car doest say "honda" or "toyota" on it and doesnt have a 4 banger, doesnt mean that its an unreliable piece of shit. the ride comfort you get out of these cars is far superior to the japanese cars. the only things that are better with the jap cars is resale value and gas mileage.

they are also easy as shit to fix (the GM big cars are a little harder because they cram their engines closer to the firewall for better weight distribution and a better center of gravity). hell, why else would i be shooting to own another GM station wagon? they dont make cars like that anymore...
[default homepage] [print][3:33:39pm May 08,2024
load time 0.00665 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]