New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2008-03-28 16:40:40
sin of angels: the first bands cleared out so a band with more gear that anyone else in the whole world could play. They had sooo many cabs. I think this the reason it took them so long to set up. That of course cut into their on stage time. The set sound was excellent on stage. So heavy. I did notice that the drums were drowned out a bit froom the stage and a little too loud in the PA. They are also back doown to a three piece. Weird cause they were just pumped too a four piece like a month ago. Lots of hoop-la about an old member coming back and then… 3 piece. They really got cut off in the end there. All of a sudden, bang… 5 minutes left.

monstrosity: something was up with the drums so it took them super long to get set up. I really thought they were going to suck at that point. I was just getting tired... And standing there in the front was tiring. Damn, getting old. Anyhow, they started off and it was great. Honestly, besides the fact that they only had one guitar player, it sounded better than the CDs (mostly the live CD). Especially the vocals. A lot of the stuff on CD is a mixture of Cannibal and Morbid Angel. It sounded more like MA with guttural-ish vocals. The 1 guitarist thing was more evident when that old bass player came out for one song and the guitar broke. When that bass dude was playing, it looked like he was doing a lot of playing… but I couldn’t really hear anything at all. For me, monstrosity sort of stole the show. So much better than even I thought that they would be. It sucked that they sort of got cut short since I originally thought they were headlining.

Vital Remains: I’m going to be pretty honest. Tony is going to keep this band going even though it’s not really vital anymore, but a bunch of new guys and Tony playing VR songs. My one critique here is that I wish they would update the myspace/home page with the current members and not the most money members. Tony does look like he dropped 50lbs. It was awesome to find out that scott really was singing for them. He looks like the guy that I originally saw them. When he came out and started singing... it sucked. I don’t know what he was doing and not that I could do It any better, but it sounded like he was just trying to horsely exhale… like someone that lost their voice or something. After a song or 2, I left the front, shot from the side of the stage and they did the whole “let the killing begin” thing. At that point, I was back down in front and damn. Whatever scott had been doing with his vocals, he stopped. Maybe he was just trying too hard and failing at first cause after those first 20 minutes, he sounded so much better. That drummer was crazy good. Very tight playing. Though, I don’t think that’s his drum set. I would be willing to be that Dave left it and they are using it. There were way too many things there that you know watching him that he wasn’t going to be using. Dave’s critic of the guitar player was spot on. He played with amazing proficiency, but he just stood there looking at the guitar the whole time and needs to loosen up. That will come with time since he’s never really been in a band and all. I left when they still had like 20+ minutes left because I was really sleepy and knew at 6:30am I would get woken up.
Summary: tony needs to be more honest about the lineup. Scott needs to warm up first. The new kids need to loosen up. And the bass player doesn’t need to change at all.
[default homepage] [print][12:24:14am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01295 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]