New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by MarkFuckingRichards at 2004-01-07 15:54:58
Right on REV! I wish I had a place where I could just book a show whenever the hell I feel like. Due to me being a college student, I almost never have money, so putting on just BEF is a hard time each year. I say we get a crew together, go down to Jarrod's, and force him to sign the deal over to people who will actually be able to do something with that place...maybe even cover up BARE WIRES! Fucking unprofessional shitheads I tell ya.

Here's my Jarrod's Place story...

2 summers ago, Upon Crimson Wings played a show there. At first we were added on to some show they were having, just local metal bands. A week or 2 before the show, after selling some tickets and promoting the shit out of it, we got word that the show was to be rescheduled. Joel, the sound guy/bookie at the time, emailed me and said if I wanted, I could have FULL control of booking, so I took the duty. Got like 7 bands that could have gotten at least like 150 kids in there, then I get an email that says "Ok you and If Tomorrow Comes will be playing with these rock bands...you can get 1 more band on there." That pissed me off, after I had promised bands they could play. I gave him some shit, but not in a bitchy way...just trying to make him feel like a putz, heh heh. So then, the fucking day before the show he emails me and says: "Due to Father's Day weekend we're going to have to reschedule the show. Our staff wants it off and I didn't even think of it." We FINALLY got to play the fucking show (almost 3 months after the original date), and the sound guy had no clue what he was doing, turned the bass monitor all the way up so our drummer could only hear bass, there were bare wires everywhere, fucked up micstands that he accused ME of fucking up, and not to mention that guy had the WORST breath EVER.

Hey jarrod's place....I puke upon your underpants.

the_reverend said:
I was there for like 13 or something.
and you hit the nail on the head.
the worst power metal that should have quit life years ago, but their friends and parents gave them $1000 to hit the stage.

a band renting it out... see, someone else does the work and that happens.
jarrod needs to sell that place to sinpromo or mark fucking richards or joe or some one that will have bitchin' shows there all the time.
not gay-wad no-promo stuff.

[default homepage] [print][3:11:06am May 06,2024
load time 0.02768 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]