New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Samantha at 2007-11-13 03:49:27
This myspace bulletin has been going around for a while, and I figured it was only natural that someone should post it here. Let the drama commence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This was written by a friend of mine.

Sign it, repost it, spread it around. If you would like to REALLY help...you can print out a copy of this, sign it, get your friends to sign and mail it to Mark's Showplace and TNT!

Tell them what you think.

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is meant as an act of defiance against the harsh treatment which is increasingly becoming TNT Security’s modus operandi. It is the intent of this letter to show the security company and the venues thinking of hiring its services that there are many of us who are unhappy with their belligerent attitude at shows and that promoters should consider alternative security companies, or at the least, should instruct TNT Security to re-evaluate its procedures and approach.

On the night of November 10th, 2007, my partner and I traveled from the Hudson Valley to Mark’s Showplace in Bedford, New Hampshire for the Enslaved/Arsis show. We came with seven other friends, all paying customers. During the course of the night I watched the TNT bouncersharass patrons who they suspected of being underage (a mystery considering they were IDing at the door), who they regarded as rowdy, and who, in the case of one friend who was subsequently barred from re-entering the show, they considered guilty by association with one girl they kicked out for having inappropriate identification. This friend was questioned as to his reason at being at the show! Inquiries of that nature are inappropriate at a music show and are meant as tools which are often used by police officers to intimidate as well as control. With such security officers overseeing the crowd, it was impossible to relax and have a good time. We were continually afraid of being accused of behavior considered too intoxicated, too rowdy, too dangerous, and threatened with being kicked out.

I was appalled to understand the bouncers had kicked out the band Severed Survival after they had played, regardless of the fact that all shows are eighteen and up and even though marks on their hands indicated they were under twenty-one. Later on, while smoking a cigarette, I witnessed one bouncer turn away the keyboardist of Enslaved for not having the right tags on his person! By the end of the night, out of the seven people my partner and I arrived with earlier, only one remained. I do not think I need to explain how ludicrous the situation became.

I have been going to shows for eight years all over New England and I have never encountered a more hostile environment for patrons than when TNT is providing security. The celebration of metal music lies in its attitude of anti-establishment-ism, rebellion, and to a limited extent, violence. Never have I encountered such a thorough attempt to stifle a music’s message. I left Mark’s Showplace early that night, filled with disgust by the actions of the security company and intend to personally boycott every venue that hires them and will encourage my friends to do the same. The following petition has been signed by like-minded people and is meant to serve as an example to promoters thinking of hiring TNT and to TNT itself. It will be sent directly to the security company, with copies of it being sent out to various venues throughout the New England area.

I urge these promoters to please reconsider hiring TNT Security to host your shows. There are many people who are unhappy with the services they render. You will gain more revenue by not having them there and multiply the positive experiences of your patrons.

Submitted Respectfully,

Genevieve S. Salerno
[default homepage] [print][4:16:28pm May 09,2024
load time 0.02542 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]