New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by MarkFuckingRichards at 2007-09-28 13:22:50
xmikex said:
shitty. Visa did that to me once too. They called me up and started talking to me about a bunch of weird shit that I didn't understand. The only question I remember them ever asking me is if I'd be interested in some free magazines. I said yeah sure whatever, and then told them I had to go.

I got a bunch of random free magazines in the mail, remembered what happened, checked my bill and sure enough there was a $100 enrollment charge for some security protection plan I never agreed to. I called them up, and they orignally told me that since they sent me my free magazines already they weren't going to refund my money. I told them I never agreed to any security plan, I barely ever used my credit card, and no way did $3 worth of magazines officialize a $100 transaction. They eventually took it off, but I never renewed that card.

Way too many businesses are adapting these roundabout schemes. You buy 2 DVDs at Best Buy and they practically rape you with "free" magazine subscriptions, then "all you have to do is call to cancel after the first 8 issues." Yeah, that's really easy, considering the fact that you have to wait 20 minutes on the phone to get an actual human being, who 9 times out of 10 has no command over the English language and doesn't let you get a word in edgewise. Then, after you say simply that you want to cancel the subscriptions, they give you all these amazing reasons to keep the subscription, even though you never fucking wanted it in the first place. I had to do that shit after getting 8 free issues of Time magazine, and they renewed my goddamn subscription anyway. Then there were the 3 weeks of battling back and forth between Time and my bank that really made it worth it.
[default homepage] [print][9:55:08pm May 06,2024
load time 0.01310 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]