New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by MarkFuckingRichards at 2007-07-04 03:15:17
hahaha, those pictures are pretty awesome, especially the "we almst didnt see you in ur hole u digged for uself" one.

in all seriousness, this thread is retarded. there are many points to be made, and everything has gotten waaay out of control...but then again, this is RTTP so it's pretty run-of-the-mill and i'm going to contribute because i'm bored, haha.

i don't think this should be called "fuck the fire dept. fest," nor the "fuck the fire codes fest;" i think the only safe title would be "fuck great white's pyrotechnics fest." if it weren't for that incident, none of the laws would have been changed, the skybar wouldn't be forced to close, and this thread would never have happened.

moreover, even if the station fire was just because of a poor decision made by some "moronic hair band," it proved that shit like that is very possible and plausible. it's just a shame that it takes such an event to get everyone to realize the potential severity of certain situations and their consequences. the only thing that anyone can do from there is take any precaution(s) to ensure the fact that if it happens again, there are alternate escape routes in many forms to optimize overall safety as much as humanly possible.

i understand that you (anderson) are angry, disappointed, sad, outraged, and many other emotions because of this whole fiasco, but you know what? it would have been a lot better to just vent about it without making any brash decisions and then move on. great white didn't vent about not being able to use their pyrotechnics, and instead took action based on poor decision making because they were probably in as much of a huff as you are. look where that got everyone...not very far.

i understand that this event threatens your employment, but that's life. i'm a freelance illustrator, so work is the most impossible thing to keep steady (unless by some miracle i get commissioned by huge companies and magazines). i never rely on any string of jobs to get me by. i am always making money in any way that i can. even if it came down to working at a fucking gas station to keep my head above water, i'd do it. am i going to throw a hissy fit if all the other artists are getting the work that i think i deserve? no, i'm going to study as much as possible on their styles, the current market, and the clients paying for their work to better my skill/business/livelihood. you have to realize that what you really want to do in life is going to take a shitload of effort and frustration, and this is just a bump in the road. if you can't take it like an adult and get over it, you are clearly not cut out to pursue a career in booking/promoting. consider this a blessing in disguise if you get your head out of your ass.

so there are 2 options to choose from here:
1)you suck it up, apologize up and down for everything you've said because i'm sure you know deep down that it is wrong (but no one ever wants to be wrong and admit it on such a grand scale), take the heat, just roll with the punches, and push on into another horizon of your career.
2)you stay in the confines of your own bitterness and just allow people to get justifiably pissed off at you while your career as a booker/promoter withers away along with any shreds of respect people still have for you outside your group of friends, clients and business cohorts.

even if you didn't intend for the title of this fest to cause as much "controversy" as you wanted or you were being sarcastic, the damage is done.
[default homepage] [print][11:09:00am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.00683 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]