New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by retzam at 2003-12-09 15:30:27
George said:
cannibal corpse and opeth and morbid angel all use 6 string guitars.
at least to my knoledge.
do we have to keep on bickering about this?
you dont need another high string to solo.
i dont fucking care anymore. go play your 7 string guitar. thats fanstastic. im closeminded, im immature, thats nice, go cry about it.

Dude, that wasn't the point. 6 strings (standard ones anyway) and 7 strings alike have high e strings. Some guitarists like yourself, prefer to have a baritone. That is fine. If you are going to be playing lots of lower pitch stuff then great! Get a baritone! But some guitarists like the lower stuff without losing the versatility of a whole fucking string. Think about it. A standard guitar has 22 frets. (Assuming that you are in standard tuning) a guitar with no high e string, despite gaining lower range, loses 2 and a half steps of range (not including bending). This may not sound like a big deal, but in metal, a lot of the stuff is in e minor, or a type of e minor. This means that during a solo, if you want to hit that high e (22nd fret on e sting bent up a step) you can't. You would have to bend the 22nd fret of the high b string up 3 and a half steps. I dare you to do this. Anyhow, my point is, whatever floats your boat. No need to critisize other peoples guitars or choice of guitar. Plus I just want to point out that I don't have a 7-string or a baritone, nor have I ever played either, so I am not picking sides.
[default homepage] [print][12:13:01pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01345 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]