New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by anonymous at 2007-02-24 05:58:40
Old school noisecore has been around since the mid 1980's. Noisecore for me, and most of people I know who are into Noisecore, is the style formed of blast beat or very chaotic drums, chaotic guitar/bass noise and extreme vocals. Often hardly any riffs at all and songs with the length of a couple of seconds - explosions of drum/guitar/vocal noise where maximum amount of energy is released in the minimum amount of time. Tracks can go to even 20 seconds, but hardly ever reaches length of 1 minute . They often used "noise not music"slogans. It is represented by bands like early SoreThroat, very early Napalm Death, Meatshits, A.C., Cornucopia etc. If you look information of noisecore and dirty old school grind, there is not too much. The Noisecore scene is small, noncommercial, unwanted, often underestimated and disrespected, and hidden deep into underground. Early Repulsion, early Napalm Death, Blood, Unseen Terror, Agathocles and countless others played music that remained harsh, noisy and brutal. Mince riffs, blasting drums, brutal vocals and usually short and to-the-point tracks. The best most loyal Noisecore scene is actually now in South America with bands like Existencia Frustrada etc.

More recent developments in Noisecore is taking the genre to a more electronic conception. Often with long tracks of "pure" noise generated electronically, often with no recognizable drum, guitar or vocal sound.

This is the difference between Old School and more recent noisecore. I am more of the Old School.
[default homepage] [print][8:42:59pm May 07,2024
load time 0.00919 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]