New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by ArrowHead NLI at 2007-02-23 11:49:15
Oh my god. I tried to update my video drivers last night, because the ones I had were about a year old. Followed the instructions on the ATI website verbatim. Deleted the old ATI from the add/remove menu, restart, CRAP. Nothing but a flashing message from my monitor saying "Input not supported". Yeah, I thought it was sketchy that the ATI site wanted me to uninstall the drivers before installing new ones. My computer has not onboard video, so since the monitor has to run off the video card I have no monitor without it.

Anyway, after a fun night of swapping drives between computers I finally realized that I could so a safe mode startup and select "use last working configuration" to get it to boot up in 1024X768. (seems it was the high resolution my computer was set to was the "unsupported" part that was keeping my monitor down.) Fun Fun. Oh yeah, all that to find out that I could not install the new catalyst controls because I do not have the .net 2.0 framework on my computer. So, after staying up til 7:00 am fixing this fucker, I got the newer driver but lost my control software. JOY!

Is there any way possible to get the .net for windows xp SP1? I have a not so kosher OS, so I cannot upgrade to SP2 the normal way, or my whole system will just be shut down. Either that, or is there anyplace doing some decent blowout sales on Windows XP pro now that vista is out? Best Buy fucked me years ago when I got this computer, and after 1.5 years of fighting with them to honor their warranty on it the replaced it for me, only to not include my OS recovery disk. Therefore, the first time I reformatted I was stuck having to use a pirated XP copy. BEST BUY IS TEH GAY!
[default homepage] [print][3:18:03am May 06,2024
load time 0.02293 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]