New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Anthony at 2007-01-06 14:41:44
Old School said:
anthony said:
Holy shit dude what a show.. I think I was born 10 years too late because all my favorite music is from the mid-late 80s to early 90s.

i saw a lot of the good ol thrash bands back in 1986-1992. from jr. high to high school i was all into this stuff. It was a good time for thrash metal as it got really popular but it quickly died in 1992. Death metal got huge around the same time as well. 1990-1994 death metal was really big but that style wasn't my cup of tea. Although I did like a few death metal bands and saw Obituary on their Cause of Death tour and then Death many of times (i loved them).

Carnivore I've seen maybe 6 times back in the late 80's. They played in CT 4 times i think and all their shows were small and "homely" i guess. it was a great time. they would dress up in their wacky outfits like Gwar i remember. I saw them twice in NYC and those shows were scary. I remember being scared of the thugs and weirdos making fun of me and my long hair and jean jacket! but it was all worth it. my friend's parents drove us hahaha.

Anthrax was really cool also back in those days. a lot has changed in metal today. some of it is good some of it i just don't have the pallet for i guess.

Cool man.. I would sell my left nut to go back in time to the heyday of thrash and see all the amazing bands and shows. Just thinking about what seeing Dark Angel or Forbidden or Anthrax or a million other bands back in the day must have been like.. shit I can't even imagine how nuts it must have been.

I love death metal too... seeing as I got into metal around 1999/2000 I am coming from a different musical perspective, but nothing beats thrash in my mind. The classic thrash albums will always be the pinnacle of metal to me.
[default homepage] [print][9:21:20pm Apr 28,2024
load time 0.00749 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]