New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by a jealous girlfriend with blonde hair at 2012-10-12 21:07:54
Being bored at work, I decided to read the majority of the posts in this thread.

So allow me to ask this: Are there any other people here who are fans of "opinionated facts"?

I think it's pretty obvious what I mean, but on the off chance that it isn't, it's basically saying that what you feel towards something will be an opinion to others, while it is a fact, to you, personally.

I'll use Opeth as the example since I noticed the mere mentioning of their name caused two things. 1) Bashing 2) Butthurting.

Personally, I love Opeth. While I haven't been completely sold on their last few records, the first 6 (especially the first 5) are total masterpieces, and in my mind, that's a fact.

Why do people get so upset if someone else starts vehemently insulting a band that they happen to enjoy? For one, you're not even in the band, and secondly, who cares what someone else has to say? No one ever will completely see eye to eye with you, and so because someone else happens to hate Opeth doesn't mean I'm going to stop listening to them. Uh oh, someone hates a band I like.

GOOD.
The sun is still going to rise in the morning, there will still be football games on Sunday and pizza will remain an awesome food.

If someone else happens to enjoy the bands you also appreciate, more power to the both of you. Strike up a conversation and have a blast relating to one another about the various reasons why you both like what a particular band does. If not? Fuck them. Like whatever it is that you like. Another persons opinion should not tarnish the way you feel or listen to certain types of music. Don't get so worked up, and try taking some satisfaction in knowing that you're listening to awesome music and you're grateful that your mind has an affinity for those sounds and aesthetics.
[default homepage] [print][12:30:03pm Apr 29,2024
load time 0.00659 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]