New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by ArrowHead nli at 2006-09-11 15:18:59
the_reverend said:
weird.. my aunt died of lung cancer and her husband smoked, she didn't.
after my first time to the bombshelter (3/12/03), I had a chest cold for 4 months.

That's nice. Repeated and prolonged direct exposure is a lot more likely to have an effect than an hour or two at a club. And again, 90% of the clubs you're going to are in MA, where it's not legal to smoke indoors. You make it out to be such a burden and a danger, but still I just hear whining. You don't like smoke? Don't go to the bombshelter. I'm sure the same bands will be playing in MA sometime soon thereafter.

and equating drunk driving fatalities to people smoking in a club and you getting cancer from second hand smoke is dumb. last time I checked, you didn't have to drive if you were drunk. when I'm in a smokey club, I have to breath.
so I'm not full of shit.

No, you're still full of shit. You want to ban smoking in public because of a percieved threat to people's safety. Others want to ban the public consumption of alcohol for the same reasons. As you said yourself, the latter was tried and didn't work so great. Some people are stupid and inconsiderate when they drink. Not all. Some are stupid and inconsiderate when they smoke. Not all. Your general hatred of smokers is vague, general, and completely off base. Remember, I'm the guy that was going OUTSIDE the bombshelter to smoke, even though it was allowed inside. You think I should be sent away, killed, or beaten for smoking too?

The saddest part of this argument is, I actually agree with your opinion, and support public smoking bans. What I DON'T agree with is the whiny and righteous way you go about saying it. You come across as an asshole. Last time I looked, it was MY job coming across as an asshole, not yours.
[default homepage] [print][4:44:52am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01530 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]