New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by MarkFuckingRichards at 2006-10-27 13:34:17
i have been reading everything that goes on in this thread since it started, but haven't commented since i don't believe it's really anything that i have to worry about. but, in the last 50-75 posts it has been made clear that leigh rush, aka black metal lady, may be one of the most unprofessional promoters in new england. i'm not going to toss any witty or insulting comments your way, but if you really want to be known as a professional, keeping such close tabs on situations like this will sully your name.

it doesn't matter that you don't make bands pay to play, it doesn't matter what international bands you bring to maine, and it doesn't matter that you pay out of your own pocket to run ads on radio, tv, or any other form of media. the fact that you take everything said in this thread to heart, even though you have said you will not continue to do so several times, shows that you are weak-minded and easily lead astray from your original goals.

i actually forgot that this thread was intended to inform us all of a goatwhore show. it just seemed like another RTTP battle royale, at the expense of a promoter thinking she's just "doing her job." if you were any kind of decent business woman, you would have left this thread alone looooong ago, except maybe an occasional "bump" to refresh our memories that the show is going on. if you had just kept to yourself and cared only about all the money you're making, your frequent trips to the bank and how many bands absolutely love you (though there is no proof of any of these in plain sight), this thread would be maybe 100-120 posts long, and the concentration of bullshit that has runneth over this thread would not have been so prevalent. in fact, it would have been nothing but hype and info for the show, maybe some constructive criticism here and there with the possibility of a few negative comments. now, it's been on the first 2 pages for a while now, only because it seems that no one here likes you, they are all using you for entertainment because you are an easy target (sorry if i'm ruining anyone's fun, haha).

you think you're special because you book touring bands and have an impressive resume? guess what, you're not the only person in the "scene" to be successful. you're not an authority in music and you're not doing anything that much different than other promoters that just don't like to give themselves a boosted image by saying stupid shit on an internet message board to get their business in the limelight. look at dan dismal, a member of the california band crematorium, and also a growing booking force in the "biz." i've seen many people put him, his band and his company down countless times, but he just sits back and lets it flow because he realizes it's not going to stop him and it's not going to take anything away from him because he's still booking huge shows, fests and entire TOURS. are you booking tours? probably not. so you really should get off of your high horse, no pun intended, take a step back and realize that everything you say on here that may justify yourself and your actions in your own eyes is insignificant hogwash to everyone else. it's all just another reason to not go to your shows, and to make fun of you because you clearly let it get to you. you can lie all you want and try to justify all of your actions, but everyone will see past it.

i don't expect you to heed what i've said, but maybe you'll take into consideration at some point in your career when one day, there will be that one band that you've wanted to book for soooo long, says "oh wait, didn't you spawn massive shit talk on an internet message board?" and back out of working with you because they don't want to take any risks.

and don't pull the old "well i guess i know which band I'M not working with anymore" thing, because it's already been used against me (while i wasn't even in a band, and i still am not in a band for the record) for expressing my views on a subject that i feel is as important to bands, fans of the music and promoters/bookies alike.

sorry to add such a serious, long-winded post to this thread, but i felt it had to be done.
[default homepage] [print][11:52:29pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.00909 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]