New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Cassidy at 2006-08-07 17:47:21
Yes indeed... here in Wells, ME (which is 30 minutes south of Portland, 30 minutes north of Portsmouth) is a place where metal acts can come to showcase their music... We encourage all genres of music, but definately have a penchant for the heavier bands. There's always a receptive crowd that enjoys hearing something different... We've been doing this now for over 2 years, and have conditioned the locals to the heavy vibe. *grin*

Myself, and my boyfriend, Leigh, (who are the singer and drummer of Psyren, also a metal band), are the ones that put it all together, complete with a full drumset (with double bass- of CORSE!) and a full PA (all JBL EON G2s, with monitors). You just have to bring your own amps.

Local Maine bands, Death Among Thieves, Hour Past (when they were 'Hypersleep'), 13 Winters, Endicide, Psyren, and up and coming band, Excrecor, have all rocked our Open Mic!

This all goes on at...

-Marcia's Mexican Cantina-
Rt. 1, 1619 Post Rd. Wells, ME 04090
*21 + (but we do alow ONE underage band to go up 1st if they bring a 'guardian', and leave by 9:30)
*no cover charge (EVER!).
*9pm to 12:30am.
*discounted drafts and well drinks
-207-646-7887-

Through the rest of August (with the exception of the 20th) it is on Sunday Nights, then in September, we go back to our usual Thursdays through the Fall and Winter.

We give you 15 minute sets, unless there's alot of sign ups, then we have to cut it to 10 minutes- but give priority to the bands that have to lug in alot of gear, to make it worth their while.

...and keep in mind, this is a Mexican bar, which means lots of tequila! ;)

Hope to see (and hear) you soon!!

[default homepage] [print][2:32:36pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.01153 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]