New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by A Metalfest Promoter at 2006-06-21 16:58:39
Location: Portland Maine. - The Station, The State Theater or The Civic Center if need be (So I fibbed about the location.)

Maine has a huge metal scene that no one knows exist. I want to put it on the map. Problem is, there's a local promoter who, if given this idea, will take it and book bands like Disturbed and Godsmack to headline.

I estimate I will need to charge $40 a ticket for both days. All the local bands will be from here in Maine. Budget for national acts will be $10K - $20K (Depending on what the cost to play for the locals will be). All ticket money will go towards the venue, security, and the nesessary advertisement.

I want to advertise not only in the local rags and radio, but on local cable tv too.

I DO NOT WANT SPONSORS. I am anot in this for the money, I am in this to give the metal here some unity and affirmation.

Another tennent of this show. All bands including the smaller national act, will be put into a hat. The names will be drawn to select who plays when. The time slots WILL NOT be advertised nor known among the bands. I am sick of people showing up late because they just want to see the nationals. It will be announce that "One national wil headline, the other may open so get your ass there first thing!"
[default homepage] [print][8:24:27am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.01038 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]