New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by xmikex at 2006-06-02 08:52:39
this show was a complete disaster, and not in a good way. The theme of this post is... Even if You're a Metal Band: Pull Your Head Out Of Your Ass

the show was advertised as 8:00, then as 9:00 then the first band didn't play until almost 10. I realize having a job that requires me to get up at 6am is my problem, but holy hell how about giving me a fucking break. It's a thursday night. By 11:00 only 2 bands had played. I don't know if they covered this in music theory class but that's fucking 2 bands in 2 hours. Ozzfest doesn't even keep that kind of schedule.

The first band played. They had some decent stuff, and were pretty diverse but it needs work. It seemed like the bass player had better vocal range than the singer and that's a problem. They dicked around a lot, and spent too much time in between songs with inside jokes and dumb shit. They also played for about a month which is a really stupid thing for an opening band to do. All in all it was really stale, and drawn out which sucks because a.) it set a shitty pace for the whole show and b.) i think they could be a much better band.

by the time I, Destroyer setup it was already July. Seriously, it shouldn't take a 4 peice band from the area that fucking long to setup. It was really disgraceful, and totally disrespectful to the rest of the show. And I'm not even talking about the bass head blowing out. The bass head thing could have been realized and resolved 15 minutes before hand if they had setup in a timely fashion like a normal band. And what does the singer do after they spend a month finally setting up??? He talks...and talks....and talks....and talks. I was embarassed even listening to it. You'd think after all the dicking around they'd maybe cut a few songs out of their set just to help keep the show moving. No dice they still played a mega long set with plenty of Bruce Dickinson rock star rambling. "...WE'LL REMEMBER THIS FOREVER..." okay Sting. What the hell are you talking about. If you really want to show respect to the other bands, and everyone who came out (i.e. the 20 minute speech towards the end of the set) how about finishing up your set and getting the fuck out of the way so these other bands can play. You're not the metal embassadors to Providence you're an opening band at a show in Olneyville. Once again, this band could be alright if they pulled their heads out of their asses.

Macgruder Grind played an outstanding set, and they've gotten so much better than the last time I saw them a few years ago at the middle east. It made it slightly difficult to hate them after the record breaking miserably long time they took to set up. Seriously, I've seen Sevendust setup, and break down faster than that. Great band that could benefit slightly from pulling their heads out of their asses.

So Sanity's Dawn is setting up, and they get everything together real quick, doing the SMART thing and sharing equipment with the band before them. Finally, I thought, someone is acting like they've played a show before. Then the PA is fucking up. Rather than someone being there to take care of it (like a normal show) they just let them stand there for 10 minutes barking at eachother in German trying to figure it out for themselves. After 15 minutes of this I see the singer from I, Show Destroyer come out to fix it and I knew the show was doomed. Another 15 minutes worth of cluelessness I'll never have back.
Sanity's Dawn was great, that goes without saying. But I had to fucking leave after they played because it was almost 1:00 in the fucking morning, and that fucking sucks.

After all I went through to goto that show I had to leave before seeing the band I came out to see all because a bunch of shitheads Helen Keller-ed their way through the show trying to act cool. *****I REALIZE**** that its your show, some people DID in fact come out to see your bands and I am not the center of the universe. But your friends can see your band anytime. Your local fans can see you anytime. When the later half of a show is from another fucking hemisphere you pull your shit together, act like you have a clue and try your best NOT to make a band that came all the way from Japan just to play in Olneyville play at 3 AM.

I get it, ya know, if I want a well organized show I should goto some yuppie shit show at the palladium. DIY shows are different, I get that, and if it was a weekend or something I would have stayed out till the sun came up. Hell, out of all the people I emailed for directions to this show I wound up recieving only 1 goddamn response (thank you Throwing Shrapnel). I don't fault Chris for it. I don't even know who I fault really. But somebody needs to do everyone a favor there and PULL THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR ASS.
[default homepage] [print][3:09:18pm May 10,2024
load time 0.00697 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]