New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by DrinkHardThrashHard at 2006-05-27 12:18:07
Josh_Martin said:
Nothing I said was opinion.
Since you're a broad I'll make this easy for you.

Fact-Kiss from their earliest days, was always considered a metal band and marketed themselves as such.

Fact-Rolling Stone began the use of the term "heavy metal" to describe a sub-genre of rock.

Fact-Whoever coins a term gets to define it.

Fact-Kiss was always played on radio and MTV shows like Heavy Metal From Hell, Metalshop, Metal Mania, Headbangers Ball etc etc etc.

Now go ahead and reply yet again about how you don't care.

I have a video tape which has Manowar playing live in 1983 (Gloves of Metal era) followed by Kiss playing live in 1982 (The Elder era, their gayest era up to that point) and Kiss sounds a billion times heavier than Manowar does. Kiss could give Black Sabbath a run for their money when it comes to heavy sounding guitar tones.
If Kiss isn't metal than neither is Manowar.

Amen, brother.

Let me add to this:

Fact - KISS is as heavy/heavier than 50% of the NWOBHM bands. If those are 'heavy metal', as they are historically accurately labeled by the metal historians, then so is KISS.

Take a listen to some of the early 80s albums. The song structures are VERY similar (i.e. the SAME DAMN THING) to what you'd hear on Ozzy's early records, Quiet Riot, WASP, Saxon, Judas Priest, etc. I suppose none of these are metal now either? Otherwise, the logic and argument that KISS is not/has never been metal is entirely inconsistent.

The actual term 'heavy metal' was originally applied to rock music. Steppenwolf used it in a song lyric, and Blue Oyster Cult's manager used it to describe their music. So now Blue Oyster Cult is not metal either!
[default homepage] [print][4:00:30pm May 16,2024
load time 0.02794 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]