New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by retzam at 2006-05-14 20:51:22
ShadowSD said:
I didn't say there was nothing redeeming. My point was that that "something redeeming" isn't exactly a high standard for bands, but it's the one that's used when talking about nu-metal.

So Angels Deserve to Die has a nice melody with an actual vocal harmony, do we give them an award for writing a competent part? Is nu-metal so atonal and devoid of basic composition skills that anything redeeming in the genre seems brilliant in comparison? System's whole image has been being the quirky and weird of post Korn nu-metal, Mudvayne without makeup but with the insanity, playing music of pointless chaos with glimpses of good prog or melodic ideas quickly washed away by crap, their goofy anger, and his annoying fucking voice that wavers like he's having a constant seizure.

Lacuna Coil, on the other hand, has put out some great music, and is actually real metal (as opposed to "nu"). What they have to do with a much less talented band from a different genre, I have no idea.

I feel like now is a good time to mention that I'm not a fan of either System Of A Down or Lacuna Coil. That said, I don't care whether or not either band is nu-metal; I don't determine what I listen to by its genre. THAT said, Lacuna Coil sounds like nu-metal anyway, and there is no way I believe they are in anyway more talented than System Of A Down.
[default homepage] [print][7:13:21am Apr 29,2024
load time 0.00684 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]