New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by mcmahon at 2006-04-22 11:19:04
Despite the small crowd, it was a pretty good show. Yes, I was bored and drove down from NH to check this out. I showed up late as Mortalis taking the stage. Their sound was kinda choppy, but I think it was due to uneven balance between their guitar cabs. Fairly good crowd response.

Coffin Birth had a decent sound though could have used better mixing. I was busy getting a beer and calling friends from the area to get them out for the majority of their set.

Cryptic Warning was the first band who, after a little tweaking, had a decent mix for their set. Their song Killer Robots was pretty intense, it was great to finally see them with vocals (last time widsom teeth removal left the band instrumental). The crowd thickened to the largest of the night.

The next band Powerglove was laughed off the stage. I don't think it was for a lack of talent, but a bad setting for nintendo metal and cartoon costumes. The songs seemed to follow the structures of video games (zelda, power rangers, megaman). Pretty tight, just not the right fit for this show. I think playing after Cryptic Warning may have not been a good idea. Moving them up in the order might have been less....devastating. Crowd shrunk to a handful of people.

Ziracon was a suprise. Sound was tight, but rushed to save time for Godless Rising. A drunk russian, who got into a heated argument and left an empty out in the parking lot, jumped up on stage in to the suprise of the drummer. Intense set, I'd see these guys again.

Godless Rising took the stage. Now, I have never heard of them besides what is online. Their sound was solid and required no tweaking. The crowd swelled back. They played 3 songs before they got cut off by the Legion turning on the lights. Their response: "The lights of Jesus are on us!" Can't wait til the 4/28 show with them. For those of you in the worcester area should check them out with cannae tonight.
[default homepage] [print][1:19:43pm May 07,2024
load time 0.01258 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]