New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by PatMeebles at 2006-03-15 21:15:20
Well, Europe is just one of the places like that. And the negative stories that keep accumulating about Iraq are way outnumbered by positive developments. Those positive stories are deliberately not reported on or pushed back onto page A17. When over 60% turned out to the polls to vote (more than Americans turned out), that story was buried. When anything good happens, we barely hear about it, even on Fox News (unless you're watching an editorialist show like O'Reilly).

And once again you keep talking about a civil war. I know you don't think it's already happened, but you're obviously expecting one to eventually break out. While that's definitely a huge concern and should be taken very seriously, the situation is much less severe than the newspapers would have you believe. If things are going so badly, then why are Iraqi's so optimistic? If the country was falling apart, then why did the Iraqi army stay together and not fall apart (like the US army did during our civil war) and quell the violence following the mosque bombing without killing a single civilian? If the Iraqis hate us so much, then why do they want us to leave AFTER the job is completed? Right now, the only legitimate concern regarding sectarian violence is that band of shiites running around kidnapping people.

Now, I agree with you that tensions are still very apparent in Europe and even the US. There's no denying that. However, the fact that support for terrorists dropped while support for the US rose must mean something positive. They don't hate us more. Our policies didn't make them hate us more, at least after a while.
[default homepage] [print][6:24:18am Apr 28,2024
load time 0.01453 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]