New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2006-02-25 03:28:08
I like the metrosexual who's gloves were more creative than I can ever be.

within the fray: they were a little rocky at first. At some point, one of the guitarist broke a string and just bolted from the club. The other guitarist looked confused, but after the song ended, he came back with a guitar from the car and they continued on. This said, their last song was really tight.

birth_rites: each time I see them, they toss out all their old songs and start new songs and styles. They still had that rise sounds to them, but they mixed in a lot of metal harmonics with the keys and the guitar. Some of the parts they did sounded like satriani but then they would go out into almost space rock. There were some of the harmonics that sounded like they were the villiage people of the Viking age, hunting down gay dragons and making them dance in front of audiences of horny mans. Jonathan got a new piece of equipment. The top keys sound JUST like the ones that tommy giles (BTBAM) uses. http://www.returntothepit.com/media.php?id...ic=between_the_buried_and_me046.jpg
http://www.returntothepit.com/media.php?id...te=feb242006&pic=birth_rites034.jpg
looks similar. And if there was one thing that hasn’t changed are the terri shavo faces.

phoenix pyre: this was the band that I wanted to see and the main motivation for heading to this show. I had been talking to one or two of them at another show and the band sounded interesting. BTW this is the closet thing I could find to a webpage for them. If anyone has their myspace (EDIT: found it). They used to be the lazuline midnight. I can still hear some of the influences from that in the “experimental” parts of their set. Some of their stuff reminded me of the new ion dissonance CD, but a lot of the singing reminded me of amaranthus.

the_taste_of_silver: land of a 1000 firsts this was. This was the first time rowan used a mic stand, the first time they played one or two of their songs live, first time nicktoc played some new guitar that be bought with the blood of little kids. Even though nick was talking all junk, they sounded good. I think the new guitar was tuned down low cause it was a lot lower than what the tracks normally sound like.

Dour Cursiva: blue played guitar tech to them. They were sort of packed in there. Typically, this band takes up a lot of room and it’s heard to get near them to get any pictures. They were all cooped up there so I could get as close as I wanted to shoot them. At some point, brian’s glasses flew off. He definitely needs to get some of those hip goggles that all the big strong basketball players (like himself) wear.
[default homepage] [print][7:50:20am May 15,2024
load time 0.03271 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]