New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by DrinkHardThrashHard at 2005-10-07 02:45:10
My band plays speed/thrash with a style firmly rooted in the classics but a little lyrical progression (as in, unlike Toxic Holocaust I used song titles that haven't been done 500 times, etc.) I just play it because it's what I loved growing up....but I've been there since thrash was first even called that name so I don't see a problem, it's always been around in a myriad of forms (death metal came from thrash, black metal, from thrash, yes, etc). I don't do it to be retro because to me it wasn't something I got into retroactively. I understand what / is saying and that I have other projects which I play to do more unusual/progressive ideas with music. Besides, almost every band when you get down to it comes from a previous sound/idea/concept, you just may not have heard it before (but trust me, it probably existed).

Thrash is what I've always wanted to do though and just never had the people to play it with. Now I'm enjoying, and really could give a fuck if it's trendy again or 2,000 other bands are doing it now all of a sudden.
[default homepage] [print][10:43:31pm Apr 27,2024
load time 0.00656 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]