New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by ArrowHead nli at 2005-09-16 00:32:36
xmikex said:
Guns are fucking stupid. It's one thing if you're a Marine looking to blow a hole in some terrorists face. It's quite another to use them to settle arguements, and fist fights.

st00pid.

Guns are a last resort, Mike. When you go through the classes to recieve your FID card, one of the first things they tell you is that brandishing a firearm without the intent to use it will ESCALATE a situation, not resolve it. An FID permit allows the owner to also brandish mace, which IS a proven deterrent.

In the past when I DID have my permit, I always carried mace on my belt, and kept my firearm concealed. There were several times (working armed security) that I had to remove the mace from my belt to let someone know I was serious. There were NO times that I ever had to use it, nor a single time I needed to unholster my gun.

Settling arguments with a gun is stupid, I agree. The idea of the right to bear arms is that we all have the means and legal ability to protect our freedom, personal safety, and family. (It also served to create a huge homeland militia during the revolutionary days, as it assured the every home contained an armed civilian) If someone tries to rob me, I'd give them the money or MAYBE in an extreme case use mace. If someone broke into my home and started beating me severly, I'd kill them. The difference is HUGE.

By the way, Kok: WOW! You've got some nice shit there. I'd love a shotgun like that, what kind is it?

[default homepage] [print][5:22:21am Apr 27,2024
load time 0.02823 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]