New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2005-07-16 00:57:09
ok, the day was so hot, nasty, and awesome. I had such a good time seeing all the bands, shooting, and just hanging out. this was the first outdoors, daytime show that I've shot since july 9th 2001. wow... what a different experience. no flash to rely on at all... not even for a fill. the sun kept coming and going over and over, forever changing conditions. thanks to carina for fighting for my pass and kelli from metalblade.

the staff there that was assigned to us was all really nice. carina know a lot of them and they were all super nice. during one of the bands, they pulled us out after 2 songs instead of 3. I told the lady running it that I wasn't going to lie, I know this music and I know the rules. after that, she watched me. when I left, she would ask if that was 3 songs. it was neat.

second stage

wicked wisdom: we raced there as quick as we could... don't 90-ish on the highway through some traffic. in the end, we missed shooting them cause of messed up passes by 3 minutes. arg! this has will smith's wife singing. carina and I both appologized. mrs. smith was a really nice and chill lady.

gizmachi: I think they sounded a lot better at the metalfest. it was pretty good, a little nu-metally in parts, but not bad.

soilwork: damn, I had forgotten that they were playing. AND dave witte was on drums. can you believe that? I think that I'm going to see him in a different band every other week for the next year! I snapped a picture of the drummer and then looked at the back of my camera and *bang* it was him. I was blown away by that one. they set was really good, 50/50 on old stuff.

it dies today: mostly stuff from the new CD. I no have call to arms stuck in my head. thanks. people got into them and clapped a lot. I was surprised by the huge size of the circle pit during their set.

Arch Enemy: ok, this is one of the first shows with the new replacement guitarist. he was ok. not the best, but look who he's filling in for. they only played one track from the new cd, I think, nemisis? the other tracks they played I think were off the last cd.

trivium: these guys played really well on the stage. I think they get better and filling the stage each time I see them.

black dahlia murder, the: damn, it's been too long since I've see these righteous dudes. they played awesome. for some reason trevor started out with his glasses on. I don't think I've ever seen him do that. they played new tracks, plus one from unhollowed, and they had a super sweet banner behind them.

haunted, the: I'm not sure how I feel about them anymore. I didn't like that last CD... and um.. the singer just twitches around the stage. I think they need to get the fat guy back and go back to death metal. just my $.02

bury your dead: they started off and finished with "bury your fucking dead" (aka mosh n' roll). they were pretty damn good. matt immediately hopped into the crowd. they played a bunch of their songs together so.. the 3 songs rule didn't really apply.

a dozen furies: the only band tha tI didn't know at all. they were pretty good. they had a lot of elements of other bands that I've heard before. for some reason they reminded me of the takeover and the cursed, but I think a dozen furies's music was a lot more straightforward than either of those. they just had this edge that reminded me of them.

mastodon: 30 minute set? damn, they packed in all the best tracks. so long, so good, and they moved around the stage A LOT more than they normally do.

as i lay dying: another awesome set. they played most stuff of their new cd and then ended with forever. they had these huge 3x3 cabs on both sides of the stage. the break the "mystique", only one of three out of the stacks were real. the rest were fakes.

killswitch engage: hilarious set. though they have been funnier. adam came out with rocket dicks drawn all over him and in short shorts. they basically played the same songs they normally do. though I think they usually end with my last serenade, but this time they played a song after that.

rob zombie: so the guitar players from nin/manson, jonnhy-5, was playing with them. he looked pretty spooky. anyhow, the stage was dolled up like the inside of zombie remix CD from years ago. Rob Zombie came out in a flash of southern comfort. I was very surprised cause I was expecting black dreads and a dark figure. instead, we got a little blonde dude in hippie'd up patched pants. it was weird, but seriously, it ruled. the new figure might have been southern california, but the music was totally old zombie. that stuff wasn't something I really listened to (besides the remix CD), but it was always around me (friends listening and stuff) so it was cool to see. Rob himself was all over the stage (jumping around as you can see from the pictures).
[default homepage] [print][5:33:56am May 09,2024
load time 0.02773 secs/23 queries]
[search][refresh page]