New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2005-07-07 02:45:26
I promise I will take more pictures and post them. I took a bunch today of fire/jaws and stuff, but they are on a camera that I can't access right now. I really wish I took my D2H with me.

best shirt I saw all day BRUJERIA!!! it was the best shirt.
the runner up was aus-rotten.

so we got there and the first place we went was the van helsing place. that place kind of sucked... I think that the props and all were really nice. very well done, but there wasn't much going on in there.

next, we walked over to terminator 2: 3D. that place was absolutely awesome. very good stage show. I haven't seen the movie at all, but I thought that it was really really good. excellent fx. excellent 3d. cold mists. robots. guns. that place had it all. We went on this ride twice. Always go to the middle of the studio. if you are in the ends, the 3D effects aren't as cool. Oh, it seriously looks like the people are right in front of you, over you, and all.

after that, we trekked over to shrek 4-D. that was funny in the shrek sort of way. I had someone sitting in front of me that was tool tall so it sort of messed up the 3D fxs. still, it was worth it.

down to the back lot, jurassic park first. this was so cool. 84 foot drop! the dino animatronics were ok. lots of water. also, they had a narrator... I forget who it was... I think jack hannah or someone like that.

then we ran really quickly to the mummy. this ride went really quickly. it was awesome too. though it took too longer for us to put our bags in the lockers than it took for the ride. in the dark, racing on a roller coaster! carina was grabbing on to my arm and I was yelling "Kalimar" in a "spooky" voice. I would have gone on this ride again.

so, the next thing was to hit the special effects stages. they walked you through blue screening, CGI, creature making, and sound effects. pretty humerous with some stuff like the gay volunter.

ran right into the backdraft walkthrough thing. all the fire and special effects were cool. there was A LOT of fire.. and I mean A LOT. so many explotions. so many cool things going on. I suggest going through it twice. Also, go to the back of the room for the first 2 rooms and then you will be in the front for the main room.

carina picked playing on the studio tour. I thought it was going to be laaaame. but it was actually cool. they had a bunch of things going on and it was 45 minutes. as a matter of fact, we went on it twice. the war of the worlds set was WELL worth it. they also had some ride-type things that were cool. the parting of the seas and all. they brought us by all the sets. I saw wes craven's parking space.

after seeing it on the TV, water world was larger than expected. HUGE set with LOTs of action. this blew every other ride/show out of the water as far as action and everything goes. I was thoroughly impressed with what they were able to pull off even without kevin costner. Plus, before all the action, there are actors that spray down the audience with water as they come in. it's hilarious. especially when they pick on someone.

animal planet live, super cute animals. one of the birds from ace ventura pet detective was in there too.

I finally convinced Carina to head to the back to the future ride. this was way too shorts and was probably awesome 10 years ago, but pales compared to the newer rides. the thing in front of this set is a iMAX screen which gives me a headache.
[default homepage] [print][6:07:04am May 02,2024
load time 0.00743 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]