New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by anonymous at 2005-06-29 13:07:17
honestly full of shit. whoever said copyrighting is expensive doesn't know jack... 30 bucks (or around that) per work is a small price to pay considering it protects you from infringement. like I said, if you want to really do it on the cheap, copyright it as a collection instead of each song individually... you only pay once. if you wanted to split it up later and use songs on compilations or release singles, then you would copyright just that specific song by itself. but, presumeably you are releasing it as something (if even a demo) so just do it as a collection and call it done. I do not recall the form # offhand but most legitimate studios (aka not the kid in his mom's basement with a computer and protools) will have a person who handles administrative/small time legal stuff like copyrights, just go find one of em and ask em to help you put the package together. these people can do all the legwork (read: paperwork) for you for as low as 100-200$, which is a pretty good price to ensure all the paperwork is legit (there's a lot of legal BS to read through and it's real boring and us musicians tend to skip that anyway). 200$ and sign your name and your shit's done. Good deal.
[default homepage] [print][9:50:48pm May 03,2024
load time 0.01133 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]