New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by RustedAngel at 2003-06-23 17:26:37
tyag as well as a lot of people should have stayed to see ascendency. so fucking intense. i had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get home in the rain and I still stayed for about 4 accursed songs. I had to work at 7am too. so choke on a boner.

Jarrods wouldn't be a bad place if they actually had a sign by the street so people knew where it was. The fucking thing is underground. They have a REAL PA and other gear unlike most any elks lodge or whatever the fuck. People also should book shows there on fridays' or saturdays' with at least one BIG headlining band to draw.

P.S. - Missed their set.

Our Fate Ends - So fucking glad these assmunchers didn't show up. wooot. no eminem cover songs.

A Terrible Night For A Curse - I still don't know what to think about these guys. One minute I was like yeaah, then like naaaah. Blast beats one minute then a new fear factory sound the next. The electric drums sounded pretty tight.

Spider Gates - A bad cradle of filth cover band. Trying to look scary with a bad makeup job. Had a girl with cleavage on stage for one song and all she did was go 'ahhhhh ahhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' out of pitch. Super long songs with no interesting riffs going on. Each boring riff played for 5 minutes.

Raising Kubrick - Not bad, Dual Guy/ Girl vocals. The guys vocals were pretty good, and the girls just sounded like she was getting raped. Good stage presence overall. Cool to see girls getting into this shit.

A Cold Reality - Bad choice to play a show with no vocals. Good guitarring as well as drums. Just got tiring after a while.

Terminally, Your Aborted Ghost - Devon sucks at death vocals.... not really. Matt doesn't play guitar upsidedown/backwards.... not really. Spaldino fucking 17 year old madman on bass. Nick a bit better at drums than he was in letters from the dead.

Umbrella - Played last minute... was decent I guess. A lot of energy which is always good as long as the music is tight. I don't remember either guitar players ever being in as the sun sets. Though I can hear the resemblence to them. These kind of bands will never compare to old as the sun sets even if there are ex members in the band. Don't even try.

Bane Of Existence - I needed a rest so I just sat back and watched the drummer who is pretty fucking good. Another band who shouldn't have played without a singer, but whatever. Its cool.

Ascendancy - Missed them the previous night in Stoughton, they fucking rip it up though. fuck. Mike is so god damn fast he burnt holes in his hands. Terrence can pull of his vocals along with the fast riffs. Sharleen knows how to play bass, she needs to put on a metal face when she plays though, or headbang. heh. Seth has some endurance, this guy could probably hump 8 million girls in one night and not even break a sweat. The only thing that could be improved upon is the guitar sound, real amps with cabs would definetly improve the sound of this band a lot.

The Accursed - Caught about 4 of their songs before deciding it was time to make the journey home. They have some really good guitar sections. I still don't know how I feel about the vocals throughout. One of the guitar players had a sick yngwie malmsteen style shirt on. hehe. He needs the cross bracelets though. Someone needs to tell the bass player that smoking while you play is not good for the lungs, and not cool anymore. heh. Though he was wearing an Evergrey shirt which shows he knows what good music is. Glad I stuck around for them unlike almost everyone else.

Good show, wish people stuck around longer...

My Pictures:
http://www.watchtomhumponline.com/2003/june/22/index.html

[default homepage] [print][4:53:11pm May 02,2024
load time 0.00815 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]