New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by BobNOMAAMRooney at 2005-01-22 03:47:11
Nobody should have anything against the troops. I'm sick of questioning an aimless war being equated with hating the military. Service men and women protect our freedoms because the want to preserve our way of life and peace, in return they expect us to exercise those freedoms to protect them from harm and needless wars. Shutting up and following the government into whatever war they want to wage is the greatest form of treason. Our own government is so concerned with protecting itself that it is willing to betray our servicemen to further its own cause;this letter from a vet provides a pretty interesting take on the whole torture scandal.

When I was younger my grandfather was my hero. In early 1941 his older brother, a merchant marine and his hero, was killed when a U-Boat attacked his frieghter. Following our entry into the war my grandfather lied about his age (he was 16 at the time) and enlisted in the Marine Corps.My grandfather has a glass case of a few medals and single patch from Guadalcanal that he keeps tucked away in his house and he never speaks of his wartime experience, even when he and one of his comrades get together on Bunker Hill Day to reminisce about their service. They always tell the same post-war stories about being pelted with rocks and being spit on by homeless Germans while they were giving them food and blankets. Perhaps my grandfather enlisted with a revenge fantasy, he probably wanted to take on the entire Nazi army for his brother, but ended up serving in the Pacific for his country. My grandfather's experience really shaped my view of the enlisted servicemen, the average solider shouldn't be the target of anyone's anger at the administration because they're fighting for their families, for their countrymen, and for an end to the war.

What we really need to do is shut down the military industrial complex that makes war a profitable business, and go back to defending ourselves as members of citizen militias.
[default homepage] [print][5:40:14pm May 12,2024
load time 0.02150 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]