New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2005-01-14 13:24:04
On my way to the show, I listened to WJUL's (aka WUML) metal show the stress factor. it was good. haven't listened to that in a long long time. anyhow, this was a huge night for the bombshelter. there were tons of people there. A lot of the same people that were at the STF show the other day. reminds me of a few years ago when there actually were shows in NH. (ATTN anyone; buy back the elvis room and get the bruisers to play there).

systematic suicide: these guys were the non-touring "odd" band on the bill. I'm pretty sure the singer came out on guest vocals with goratory last show they played at the bs. i swore the singer was going to blow something when he was singing. the drummer was pretty good and there were a bunch of cool "meedlymeedly" riffs. Zak (ex-goratory) was there just for them and said that they were the first DM show he went to.

the acacia strain: damn.. the fact that they had 3 full stacks might have been a bit overkill, no? they were playing this set with a new drummer. he played ok... I think this was his 5th show. I could tell at the beginning of the set that he was new cause there were a bunch of mistakes, but it got better after that.. maybe it was just nerves. A lot of springfield kids came out to support them. chris's head died.. but after a song, they got a new one and played.

trivium: sorry mark, they are now on roadrunner (and were on life force who's promos look like abacuss rec. hence my confusion). I thought I wasn't going to like their set at all. after listening to the last cd, I didn't really care for it. I asked what they sounded like and the response was "metallica". I've have to say that they reminded me a bit of Deceased live. It wasn't bad at all. since a lot of kids were there just for TAS/IDT, they didn't really dance for trivium.

it dies today: IMHO, the new CD sounds like they swallowed a backstreet boy. as with the new underoath, there is way too much clean singing for my taste (compared with the EP). though just like with the underoath cd, you can't get the songs out of your head and the clean vocals are catchy. my problem with the old cd was that the clean vocals worked on the cd, but not live... now, it's the exact opposite. the clean vocals ruled live. if you don't like the new CD, you still have to see them live. they had so much energy and spent most of the time leaning over the crowd for the sing alongs. their set absolutely ruled. I've seen them from way back in a VFW to now and they've just gotten better and better live.

all that remains: another awesome set. not everyone left after IDT, but a lot of people did. even so, there was still about 80 people left to see ATR. they played a ton of songs, basically the "hits" plus a song they don't usually play live. I was singing along as I snapped. Phil spend most of the show standing up on the barricade. and wtf! phil kept his shirt on the whole set. it was especially funny to see them cause i've been listening to the old shadowsfall cd a bunch.

when I left the place, I stopped at a gas station and the kid there was listening to Opeth.. so I gave him a sticker.
[default homepage] [print][5:10:56pm Apr 30,2024
load time 0.01408 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]