New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by eddie at 2004-09-13 19:08:15
attendmyrequiem said:
eddie said:
RustedAngel said:
a drummer can be good and use triggers. I don't see how it makes you a non-talented drummer if you use triggers...

alot of times triggers sound better than a mic-ed kick drum live.

i'm not saying that if a drummer uses triggers he sucks, because if you can do that shit even if it is soft, your amazing in my book. I have problems keeping a slow steady rock beat, but then again i'm not a drummer. From my understanding of them no matter how solf you hit the drum its still gonna come out the same volume. now i'm guessing that'd help alot for a gravity blast or something like that. its cheating. There are guys that can do shit like that having it loud as everthing else without triggers(still amplified tho), then there are guys who need triggers for it to be heard. whos a better drummer?

that's the point of triggers. that way you don't have to super compress drums and have it sound all gay. i don't know ANY drumer who has EVERY hit coming out at the same loudness without compression or triggers.

of course not, its called dynamics. i'm more or less talking about everything being able to be heard easily. Not every single thing you touch behind the drumset being the same volume. Thats anotherthing i dislike about tiggers, it takes away from the dynamics of the drumset.

but anyway this thread isn't about how i dislike triggers, its about if you like death metal or not.
[default homepage] [print][6:05:51pm May 14,2024
load time 0.01177 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]