New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_taste_of_cigarettes at 2004-10-09 04:24:58
frustrated to say the least.

Here is my diatribe /review in list form:

1) No show should start at 10pm. Period. Providence shows always start late and man, I can't stay up that long.

2) I picked the Safari cause I heard Jimmy never cards. Boy was that wrong. The issue with the under age kids was killing me...then the singer of Ymer decided to go "Hey let's just fucking beat the shit out him" and that made it worse, then was pushing Jimmy (verbally, not physically) inside...oi vey. Luckily that worked out.

3) Ok, why do Providence bands like to tell me when they are playing? Not ask, not alert, but just tell and do? This has happened to me before. We went to set up our stuff, and the bass player that is also in I Destroyer said "Uh...what are you doing with that?" I said "setting up?" and he said "No we're playing next." I said, "Oh....uh....you are?" and he said "yeah, we have our stuff and everything" I said, "I...did...not...know...that". Truth is, the guys I've met in SB are really nice, but that bass player's a cock sucker -- was when I played with I Destroyer, still is in SB.

4) It was neat how 99% of the crowd left after SB, too, including some of our friends from PDV...WTF?!?!?

5) Ymer was really good for a first show. The intro was bunk but the rest was top notch.

6) SB is a sick bad. Tonight they weren't as good as last time I saw them but last time I saw them they were AWESOME. Oh well. It was nice of them to at least play. There set is NOT 5 minutes. i was fooled.

7) I can't remember any of our set. Weird, huh?

8) Goratory is a great band. They are very professional, very tight, and very technical. Killer.

9) Porphyria is the best thing to come out of upper New England right now. Not saying ANYTHING against any other bands from New England at all, just saying they have GREAT material and are funny as hell, plus can bring the mosh factor and harmonized artificial harmonic factor.

10) Our van broke down. WTF?!??! We just bought it. Oh well, it's probably minor, but still...fuck.

11) Being heckled is gay --- being moshed into by a heckler is more gay -- having your guitar knocked out of tune by a moshing heckler who doesn't know your band but wants to take your mic and sing lyrics he doesn't know and flails into you and has no regard for your song or anything just wants to be drunk and ridiculous? MOST GAY. Oh well. He seemed like a really nice guy just way to drunk to be alive at that moment. I talked to him afterwards and I bet when he's sober he's a swell dude...Death Metal Jim I think his name was.

it is 4:23AM and I am exhausted. Bed time.
[default homepage] [print][9:33:32am May 03,2024
load time 0.02593 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]